A healthcare company successfully modernized its application by migrating it to a containerized architecture running on EKS with Fargate autoscaling. The steps involved in the project were:
- Containerizing the application by breaking it down into smaller components and deploying them to an EKS cluster using Terraform.
- Creating an EKS cluster to manage the deployment of containers.
- Deploying the application to the EKS cluster using Kubernetes manifests and Fargate.
- Migrating data to RDS using AWS Database Migration Service (DMS).
- Migrating the search index to OpenSearch using the migration tool.
- Configuring Route 53 and CloudFront to point to the new EKS cluster using Terraform.
- Implementing Elastic Cache to enhance application performance using Terraform.
- This migration brought several benefits to the healthcare company:
Improved performance due to the modern containerized architecture.
- Scalability through the auto-scaling capabilities of EKS with Fargate.
- Cost optimization by paying only for used compute resources with Fargate.
- Better manageability with Kubernetes for deployment and scaling.
- Enhanced security leveraging the security features of EKS.
- The client was highly satisfied with the modernization, and the project achieved its goals of better performance, scalability, cost optimization, manageability, and security.